Description of one character of the film: AMANDA

Hi, my name is Amanda and I live in a luxurious mansion in Southern of California (United States). I’m a workaholic who owns a company that produces movie trailers in Los Angeles.
One day, I discovered that my live-in boyfriend has cheated on her with his secretary. I decided to slit up with my boyfriend and I made a decision a few days before Christmas, I wanted to get away for the holidays. I visited a home swap website on which Iris had previously listed her “quaint cottage in Surrey (United Kingdom)”. There was a small and beautiful house. I read the description and decided it sounds idyllic. I messaged Iris about my interest. Iris and I decided to give us our homes for two weeks.
I arrived in England and I felt disappointed by the slower, quieter pace of life in Surrey. The first day in the house of Iris I grew bored and I was trying to find something to do, and booked a flight back to Los Angeles for the next day. But, later that night, Iris’ brother Graham knocked at the door assuming Iris was home. Graham asked me to let him stay this night, as he has been drinking at the pub and wasn't wreasn o drive. We kissed unexpectedly, and ended up sleeping with each other. Both of them make it clear that we were not looking for a relationship. I was planning on leaving that afternoon, but Graham asked me to have dinner with him if I changed my mind. I changed her mind, and met Graham in the pub. We spent the evening and the next day together for getting to know one another better.
After some days, Graham went to my house and stayed the night. I despaired that if I stay in Los Angeles and he in London, the long distance relationship will never work. Graham confessed that he was in love with me, and I was very surprised. The next morning, we said a heartfelt goodbye and I left for the London airport. On the way, I cried and I realized the depth of her feelings for Graham. I ran back to see him. On reaching Iris’s place I found him weeping for me. I told him that I decided to stay until New Year's Eve with him, and we hugged.
Finally, we ended the year in Graham’s place. The couples were Iris with Miles and me with Graham and his daughters enjoying the New Year laughing and dancing.

Conclusion:
I was convinced that the change of scenery ("airs") is the perfect antidote for my problems and in England I would meet the man of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment